Department of Dance
Studio Reservation Policy
ALL REQUESTS may only be made at: Dance Studio Request Form. A confirmation for faculty will be sent within 48 hours. A confirmation for Graduate and Undergraduate requests will be sent by Friday at 5pm.
Semester length studio requests and weekly studio requests.
- Semester length studio requests, submitted to Dance Administrative Coordinator via the Dance Studio Request Form are accepted for: Classes, Youth Ballet, and Arts Share.
- Semester length studio requests, submitted to the Production Stage Manager via the Dance Studio Request Form, are accepted for: Gala, DIC, and Faculty or Faculty/Grad.
- Semester length studio requests for Graduate (non-Thesis) students and Graduate Thesis Concert students are submitted to the studio scheduler via the Dance Studio Request Form.
- All other studio requests (not indicated above) must submit requests on a weekly basis to the studio scheduler via the Dance Studio Request Form.
I. Rehearsal Time Allotments:
The weekly rehearsal time allotment for individuals is indicated below.
- Faculty – non Concert Projects Limit 4 Hours per week
- Faculty – Fac/Grad Limit 6 hours per week per piece
- Graduate Students – non Thesis Limit 6 Hours per week
- Graduate Students – Thesis Limit 6 Hours per week per piece
- Senior and Junior Dance Majors Limit 4 hours per week
- Sophomore/Freshmen Dance Majors Limit 3 hours per week
- Others enrolled in Dance Department Limit 2 hours per week
II. Semester Length (non-academic) Studio Requests:
- Please use the Dance Studio Request Form for the following semester length studio requests:
- DIC: 1st week of classes (after DIC auditions)
- Faculty: Last week of October (after Faculty auditions)
- Thesis: Please use the Dance Studio Request Form for all fall requests. The Studio Scheduler will hold a scheduling meeting with all Thesis students in November. At this time, Thesis students will make semester long requests for the spring.
- Grad student semester long requests: Please use the Dance Studio Request Form. A semester long requests ends at each semester. Example: your fall recurring request ends in December.
- Once a Grad student makes a semester long request, it cannot be changed. However, the grad students can barter amongst themselves if they would like to switch times with each other.
- Grad students can continue to make weekly requests, in addition to their semester long request, as long as it does not exceed their 6 weekly rehearsal hour limit.
III. Weekly Studio Requests:
- Individuals wishing to make a weekly studio request (i.e. any request that is not included under the semester length category) must submit their requests at Dance Studio Request Form.
- The deadline to request a rehearsal studio is Thursday at 3pm for the following week in which you are requesting. The week is Sunday to Saturday.
- Weekly requests will be honored based on the following system of preference:
- Department Productions (Gala, DIC, Thesis, etc), Class/Required projects, UIYB, Pieces for Adjudication, Independent or outside projects.
IV. Space Place Rehearsal Requests:
- All requests for Space Place should be made at Dance Studio Request Form one week prior to your requested date(s).
V. Studio Schedule Posting:
- Complete Studio schedules will be available on Ad Astra by 5pm on the Friday for the following weekly schedule.
- A confirmation will be sent to the requesting individual on Fridays by 5pm.